Chivalrous - Waiting on Wednesday

Photo of Chivalrous by Dina Sleiman
1. Gwendolyn rocking the "lady knight" look
My Wordless Wednesday feature today is "WoW" or Waiting on Wednesday, a weekly blog link-up hosted by Breaking the Spine.

Title: Chivalrous (Valiant Hearts #2)
Author: Dina L. Sleiman
Release Date: September 8, 2015 by Bethany House Publishers

About the Book:
"Strong and adventurous Gwendolyn Barnes longs to be a knight like her chivalrous brothers. However, that is not an option for her, not even in the Arthurian-inspired Eden where she dwells. Her parents view her only as a marriage pawn, and her domineering father is determined to see her wed to a brutish man who will break her spirit.

 When handsome, good-hearted Allen of Ellsworth arrives in Edendale searching for his place in the world, Gwendolyn spies in him the sort of fellow she could imagine marrying. Yet fate seems determined to keep them apart. Tournaments, intrigue, and battles--along with twists and turns aplenty--await these two as they struggle to find love, identity, and their true destinies."

Why I'm "WoW" about Chivalrous:
I really enjoyed Dauntless (see my review here), the first novel of Sleiman's Valiant Hearts series.  Allen was one of my favorite characters in that book, so I'm looking forward to seeing him featured here.  As Dauntless was inspired by Robin Hood, I've heard that Chivalrous is inspired by Arthurian legend --Indeed, Gwendolyn sounds quite similar to Guinevere, but if so, will Allen play the role of Arthur or Lancelot? Just one more week until I can find out!  =)
 
What are you "waiting on" this Wednesday?  Have you read any books adapted or inspired by Camelot?1. Image credit: (c.) 2015 by Bethany House Publishers

4 comments

  1. I have yet to read this series although I have seen the books around alot. I'm going to add them to my Want To Read list.

    Are you on Goodreads?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I'm The Artist Librarian on Goodreads also. =)

      If you get to them, I hope you enjoy! I've seen people compare them to Melanie Dickerson's books, though they're not fairy tale adaptations. ;-)

      Delete
  2. Definitely curious about this one! Love the legend on which it's based. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too --King Arthur and Camelot are one of my favorites! ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Comments are always welcomed and appreciated.

Popular Posts