NIV College Devotional Bible Review

Picture of NIV College Devotional Bible
(c.) 2012 Zondervan
Title: NIV College Devotional Bible
Published: 2012 by Zondervan


     As a college-aged student, the only Bible I usually carry around with me is on an app on my tablet.  Most of my friends also have some sort of digital Bible --many of which offer different Bible translations and are handy on the go.  Why would you purchase a hardcover Bible?  The NIV College Devotional Bible tries to answer this question with a series of daily devotionals and other extras that make a compelling case.


     Featuring enough daily devotionals for the entire school year, I found the devotions to be just the right length for busy students, with thought provoking questions daring you to go deeper.  I think they work with a wide range of spiritual maturity/growth in Christ, though it is probably most ideal for younger people in the faith.  There is also several different Bible reading plans: a one year option, a sixty day overview of the Bible, and over 10 thirty day reading plans with topics such as leadership, prayer, for those searching or new to Christianity, and (my personal favorite) 20 lesser known Bible stories (Ehud, anyone?).


     The proportions (approx. 8 1/2" x 5 1/2") of the Bible itself look a bit "thinner" than my other Bibles (kind of like the "taller" 7"x 4 1/8" mass market paperbacks compared to the traditional 6 3/4" x 4 1/4"). The only thing I think is missing is a good subject guide.  One is included, but it only indexes subjects from the devotional material, which is great --I wish my other devotional study Bible had that feature-- but I think being able to search the Bible on topics such as "trust" or "prayer" (even on a limited basis).  However, on the whole I think this would be a great gift for a college student or young adult.


Note: This is the 2011 NIV (New International Version), so those who prefer the NIV 1984 should look elsewhere.


 *Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book from the publisher through the BookLook Bloggers book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review and the opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 <http://www.access.gpo.gov/nara/cfr/waisidx_03/16cfr255_03.html> : "Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising."*

(Edited for formatting)

0 comments

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts! Comments are always welcomed and appreciated.

Popular Posts